CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Llamas?

When driving along the highways and some streets in and around Susanville, one becomes accustomed to seeing horses, cows and the occasional goat. But then, something caught my eye... driving along I spotted something odd. A llama. Yes, a genuine llama. So knowing I needed to document this, I went back by with my camera and spotted two llamas among many horses. Quickly doing a search on the web, llamas can be used as guard animals against coyotes on ranches with sheep and/or goats... this ranch has neither.


Also to add here, an odd conversation with a guy the other day. He was telling me how he was looking for a hound to train for hunting coon (raccoon). Currently he is using his pittbull to hunt them. A lot of silence and nodding on my part thinking "how do I get out of this conversation?"

Til next time...

0 comments: