CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Are binoculars next?

I have realized something very scary about myself... I have become nosy. For the last couple months, I have been reading the notices in the newspaper, such as all the foreclosures, business name changes, those declaring they are no longer responsible for their debts, etc. It's one thing to scan the birth and death notices looking for familiar names, but I'm now looking into the private lives of people. So these notices are in a public newspaper, still I feel... well, odd, reading them. Yet I can't stop.

On a second line of thought, I ate at Subway recently and they are raising money for Relay for Life. While sitting there looking at all the memory and honor names posted, I realized that I wouldn't have a name to put on the wall. I feel blessed this way, though my family has history of some health issues, there's no cancer and that's a miracle within itself.

0 comments: